At Cascade, we love trucks, a lot. Looking forward to the holiday season this year, we thought about some of the presents that we would probably enjoy. These are some suggestions from Kjell McCord. Please feel free to comment and let us know if you have any other suggestions for fun gift ideas for truck-loving people. Most, but not all of these items are relatively cheap, and can be purchased for under $100.
1. A subscription to Sirius Satellite Radio - Trust me, they’ll thank you for the crystal clear radio stations and the chance to use their sound-systems to the fullest.
2. Quality Floor Mats. Every car or truck owner has probably accumulated dozens of horror stories of friends and family members tracking mud and dirt into their brand-new or freshly-cleaned truck or car. This can be the gift that keeps on giving. The more they cover, the better!
3. A make-your-own towing/hauling kit: includes a ball, tie-downs, hitch aligner, and a tow strap, all in a stowable bin. There are many situations where having a truck will necessitate towing something/someone. Having a handy kit like this can be indispensible.
4. Quality seat covers. For the same reason as floor mats, seat covers are a must in any vehicle. Try to find one that matches their style, or go for the humorous approach and just get them Hello-Kitty everything. It’s up to you.
5. An Emergency kit: comes with flares, a first aid kit, water, blankets etc.
6. A spare battery with jumper cables to help out stranded wayward friends who need an occasional jump. Having this may not seem like a big deal, but it can save an engine, as there is always the chance that something could go wrong while being a good samaritan.
7 Tire Chains, so your friend or loved one never has to worry about driving in the snow again.
8. If you have a bit more than $100, this one is sure to be a winner if they don’t already have it, a bed toolbox. This can be handy to stow just about anything and gives the truck owner more space to work with. (They can lock possessions in the toolbox without worry.)
9. Another option available, if you really want to get an incredible gift for your friend or loved one, consider making an investment in a tonneau cover for their truck bed. As an alternative to a tool box, and only a slight bit more expensive (some sell for less than $200), you could help them lock their entire truck bed, keeping it safe from weather, would be thieves, and annoying people who throw cans in the back of your pickup. We promise, this gift will impress.
10. A massive, refillable Maverick cup. Because who doesn’t want to pound down an entire gallon of soda while taking a comfortable drive?
Any of these options would make a great gift for any friend or relative with a pickup, but they will be even more important, because it came from you. Have anything to add? Feel free to do so in the comments below